My wife grew up on the Texas coast, so when given an option on vacation thoughts, she's always going to say "somewhere with a beach."
Here are some tips for a beach day:
1. BRING BABY SUNSCREEN AND USE IT OFTEN! We can't emphasize how important this is. Baby's skin is more sensitive than adults and can burn much quicker. Also important - a baby hat, a sheet to sit on and an umbrella (unless you're going to a beach club that has umbrellas). The outdoors can dehydrate baby. Bring a water bottle and sippy cup or baby bottle and offer it often.
2. Bring at least two towels for baby, snacks/food/formula/your boobs, and toys. Plus, mama can use the towels to lean on when nursing or feeding.
3. Bring something to change baby into after you leave the beach. A sandy baby bum is uncomfortable for baby so don't get in the car with it. And change diaper before getting into car.
4. Guava Lotus pack and play. We bring this thing everywhere. Position is under the shade of the umbrella and enjoy!
5. And last but not least, figure out the shade situation before you arrive (whether it's your umbrella or the beach club umbrella) just figure it out beforehand so you're not standing there with an annoyed baby. They don't like sun in their eyes (at least ours didn't...ever) so make sure you plan ahead.